The Nitrux brand is unique: technically it belongs to Nitrux Latinoamericana S.C, the company that guides and supports the development of Nitrux products. However, we have a great community and don’t want to be too overbearing with legal requirements and technicalities. As such, we have written up some guidelines to make it easier to understand when and how the Nitrux brand should be used.
The word “Nitrux” refers to and is a trademark of Nitrux Latinoamericana S.C., Nitrux is always capitalized. It is also used along with product names (i.e., “Nitrux OS”) to refer to a specific product of Nitrux.
Nitrux owns two marks: the “Nitrux” logotype and the “NX” logomark. Both are considered trademarks and represent Nitrux—the company—and its products. Both should be used with the following in mind:
- Do not stretch, skew, rotate, flip, or otherwise alter the marks.
- Do not use the marks on an overly-busy background; solid colors work best.
- The marks should always be monochromatic; typically white if on a dark background, or black if on a light background.
The logotype is to be used when space allows referring to Nitrux, the company. It can be used before a product name to refer to a specific product of Nitrux.
The logotype should always be used under the following guidelines:
- Do not attempt to recreate the logotype. It is a meticulously-designed brand mark, not merely “Nitrux” written in a specific font.
- Do not use the logotype at small sizes; if it is not clear, use the logomark instead.
The “NX” logomark is to be used to refer to Nitrux the company when space is constrained or a square ratio is required.
Nitrux employs the use of color combined with our name and marks to establish our brand. We use the following palette:
For web and print, we use Roboto for headings and body copy. For code blocks, we use Roboto Mono.
Third Parties and Community
We encourage third-party developers creating products for Nitrux OS to adopt some aspects of the Nitrux brand to achieve consistency:
However, to avoid user confusion, we do restrict the usage of the Nitrux name and marks:
- You are encouraged to say that your app or service is designed for Nitrux OS, but please don’t use the Nitrux name or trademarks as part of the name of your company, application, product, service, or in any logo you create.
- Only use the Nitrux name or marks to refer to Nitrux Latinoamericana S.C. or its products (i.e., Nitrux OS).
We want to ensure that as long as our software carries the Nitrux branding, the experience will be consistent whether it was downloaded from our website or pre-installed on a hardware product. The software components of Nitrux OS may be modified and redistributed according to the terms of the software’s licensing. However, our brand marks may only be redistributed under one or more of the following conditions:
- The software remains unchanged, including pre-installed applications, stylesheets, and iconography, configuration files, etc., or
- The modifications are approved in writing by Nitrux.
We understand that including drivers, hardware enablement, and distributor branding is essential for distributors, so Nitrux will almost always approve these modifications. If in doubt, please email email@example.com for clarification or direction.
We allow our branding (including our name or brand marks) to be used on third-party merchandise only if Nitrux has previously agreed to it. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for clarification or direction.