Today is the day! — Nitrux 1.2.8 is available to download
We are pleased to announce the launch of Nitrux 1.2.8. This new version brings together the latest software updates, bug fixes, performance improvements, and ready-to-use hardware support.
Nitrux 1.2.8 is available for immediate download.
- We’ve updated the kernel to version 5.6.7.
- We’ve updated KDE Plasma to version 5.18.4, KDE Frameworks to version 5.69.0, KDE Applications to version 20.04.0, and Qt 5.14.1.
- We’ve updated the Nvidia driver to version 440.64.
- We’ve updated all Maui applications and the MauiKit framework.
- We’ve added appimage-builder. “appimage-builder is a novel tool for creating AppImages. It uses the system package manager to resolve the application dependencies and creates a complete bundle. It can be used to pack almost any kind of applications including those made using: C/C++, Python, and Java.“
- We’ve added Feral Interactive gamemode. “GameMode is a daemon/lib combo for Linux that allows games to request a set of optimisations be temporarily applied to the host OS and/or a game process.“
- We’ve added tmate. “tmate is a fork of tmux. tmate and tmux can coexist on the same system.“
- Pix shows a red color in the header-bar when “Gallery” is hovered or selected.
- OpenGL acceleration is used by default, if you use Nitrux in a VM open System Settings>Monitor>Compositor and select XRandr in addition to disabling desktop effects like blur.