Today is the day! — Nitrux 2.5.1 is available to download
We are pleased to announce the launch of Nitrux 2.5.1. This new version combines the latest software updates, bug fixes, performance improvements, and ready-to-use hardware support.
Nitrux 2.5.1 is available immediately.
📜 Table of Contents
✨ What’s new
We recommend fresh installation using the latest available media for new distribution users. For users of the previous version (2.5.0), please check the Notes.
- See Notes for detailed information on a list of packages updated from the last release.
The 6.0.0-11.2 Liquorix kernel is now the default in the distribution.
We’ve updated the following components of the distribution. For other information, see Notes.
- KDE Plasma to version 5.26.4, KDE Frameworks to version 5.100.0, and KDE Gear to version 22.08.3.
- Firefox to version 107.0.1.
- We’ve updated the Nvidia Proprietary Driver to version 525.60.11.
- We’ve updated MESA to version 23.0.
- We’ve added a new package called linux-firmware-nitrux with updated firmware files for various devices.
- We’ve added KDE Partition Manager.
- We’ve added the following packages
- virtualbox-guest-x11 and virtualbox-guest-utils
We’ve fixed or closed the following issues in the distribution; see Report bugs.
- We’ve fixed an issue with Calamares failing to add the bootloader after the installation.
- We’ve removed from the configuration of one of Calamares’ modules the step where Calamares downloaded a package.
We’ve removed the following components from the distribution.
- No release of a minimal ISO this month due to an increase in bandwidth expenses.
Here are various ways to download our ISOs and virtual appliances.
- ISO — Direct HTTP Download from our server.
- FOSS Torrents (Torrent).
- Sourceforge (mirror).
- OSDN (mirror).
⛔ Known issues
To see a list of known issues, click here.
To see a list of release notes, click here.
🐞 Report bugs
To report bugs, please use our bug tracker on GitHub.
📝 Changelog history
📌 Post-release announcements
Here’s a list of post-release service announcements for this version of Nitrux.