Today is the day! — Nitrux 2.7.1 “sh” is available to download
We are pleased to announce the launch of Nitrux 2.7.1. This new version combines the latest software updates, bug fixes, performance improvements, and ready-to-use hardware support.
Nitrux 2.7.1 is available immediately.
📜 Table of Contents
✨ What’s new
We recommend new users do a fresh installation using the latest media. For users of the previous version (2.7.0), please check the Notes.
- To know where to check for a more detailed list of updated packages, please check the Notes.
The 6.2.9-1 Liquorix kernel is now the default in the distribution.
We’ve updated the following components of the distribution. For other information, see Notes.
- KDE Plasma to version 5.27.3, KDE Frameworks to version 5.104.0, and KDE Gear to version 22.12.3.
- Firefox to version 111.0.1.
- We’ve updated MESA to version 23.1~git2304010600.ac993a~oibaf~l.
- Disclaimer: We do not develop or package MESA. To file bugs against MESA, please use their bug tracker here.
- We’ve updated MauiKit, the MauiKit Frameworks, and the Maui Apps to version 2.2.2.
- We do not include Agenda in this release, as it seems to have a problem with Akonadi.
- We’ve updated the Nvidia proprietary driver to version 530.41.03.
- We’ve updated the Sound Open Firmware (SOF) files to version 2.2.4.
- We’ve updated the AMD Vulkan driver to version 2023.Q1.3.
We’ve fixed or closed the following issues in the distribution; see Report bugs.
We’ve removed the following components from the distribution.
- We’ve removed the printer driver for Minolta magicolor 2300W/2400W as it would cause a failure to build our ISOs (dependency).
- We’ve removed Ark from the default installation.
- We’ve removed Fiery from the ISO with Maui Shell temporarily.
Here are various ways to download our ISOs and virtual appliances.
- ISO — Direct HTTP Download from our server.
- FOSS Torrents (Torrent).
- Sourceforge (mirror).
- OSDN (mirror).
42e58b22de20edd811f880f911282098 nitrux-nx-desktop-plasma-fc6dff30-amd64.iso 8c43508144881998dab287961311f56e nitrux-maui-shell-maui-8f7ee20a-amd64.iso
⛔ Known issues
To see a list of known issues, click here.
To see a list of release notes, click here.
🐞 Report bugs
To report bugs, please use our bug tracker on GitHub.
📝 Changelog history
📌 Post-release announcements
Here’s a list of post-release service announcements for this version of Nitrux.